Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Hi Everybody!

I love blank paper. When I was little, I was as likely to spend my allowance on blank notebooks from Office Depot as I was to get purple, glittery costume jewelry at Claire's. And now I have the modern equivalent of a new spiral notebook: a new blog! At first I wanted this to be a place to write about my craft projects: sewing, knitting, and the like. But now I'm thinking I might make this more of a catch-all place, and also talk about the books I'm reading, movies I've seen, and my garden.

And by "my garden," of course, I mean my mother's garden. Being back at my parents' house for the summer has a few benefits, one of them being the gorgeous flowers that surround us.


It's going to be a long, hot summer, but hopefully blogging will be motivation to keep myself occupied and noticing the pleasurable things about life. Like tea--tea is definitely one of life's pleasures. Here's a cup of white tea I recently enjoyed at The Coffee House on Cherry Street.


Soon I will post more interesting things--like photos of the sweater I'm about to finish, which has been in the works since January, tales from my summer internship, and pictures from the awesome children's books I got at the used book store. But in the mean time, here's another pretty flower!


Also, a word on my blog title: last semester, my reminiscences about the school I attended from age 4-18 were so rapturous that my friends at college started teasing me about having gone to a "one room schoolhouse." The more I thought about that, the more I realized how much I love the thought of treating every room like a one room schoolhouse, where learning and creating pervade and everyone knows everyone else's name. Oh wait, that's Cheers, isn't it?

No comments: