Saturday, July 25, 2009

Granny Squares

The past few days of my life have been about doing the minimum necessary. This has mostly involved sitting in the same chair for hours and hours, watching 30 Rock (although now I've seen every episode, so maybe I'll be able to leave the house again), and, above all, crocheting granny square after granny square.


The good thing about granny squares is, once you've figured out how to make one, you can make dozens or hundreds more without too much attention. That makes them perfect to work on while watching a movie or TV... or, I suppose, while sitting next to a pool or in a meadow somewhere, but I wouldn't know, since I haven't been outdoors since June.


So far the granny square count is around 25. I figure if I make 120 or so more I can sew them together and have a blanket! That should only take ten or twenty years. Or, at this rate, a week or so. Anybody have any good movie recommendations?


No comments: