Sunday, August 16, 2009

Finally, finally finished

This was a week of ups and downs, that's for sure. Ups: coffee with friends, seeing Julie & Julia (which I loved), Thai food, laughter, and I have a kitty on my lap right now. Downs: STILL not having a job, or even any interest, despite sending out a billion resumes, ennui, a short-lived flu virus, sleeping way too much. BUT! I'm healthy again, and willing to give next week the benefit of the doubt. Come on, world! Something good needs to happen!

In the meantime, continuing adventures in unemployment (or, as my friend Amanda insists, FUNemployment): I finished my quilt!


It's backed in the hot pink/magenta color that I accidentally use for everything. Check out that sweet hand-stitched binding:

I made a label, too, which features a little stitched kitty:


Current Granny Square count: 34.


Also it's hot as hell here. More incentive to stay inside and sew (as if I needed incentive).


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous that you can make granny squares. I really need to learn to crochet.