Sunday, November 8, 2009

Tulsa State Fair: The good, the bad, the bizarre

Way back at the beginning of October, I made my annual pilgrimage to the Tulsa State Fair. (Why a state fair if it's just for one city? Only one among the many unsolved mysteries of the fair.) Anyway, by far my favorite thing about the fair (besides fried cheese on a stick) is the crafts. I saw some amazing quilts:

I'm still not quite over this quilt, which featured embroidered presidents of all the presidents (minus the current one):
Mysterious antique cameras--what were they winning awards for?

True story: I once made a hooked cat pillow very similar to this. Unfortunately I gave it to my friend Meggie for her birthday. If only I still had it!
And then, there was what can only be described as the sublimely bizarre.

No comments: