Sunday, June 20, 2010

For My Dad


Thank you, Daddy, for teaching me how to swim, for tutoring me through physics and calculus (even when I dissolved into tears over my homework every night), for teaching me that reading separate books silently together IS a family activity, for helping me put up the Christmas tree every year, for always coming running when there's a bug in my room and then humanely capturing it under a glass and putting it outside, for doing the dishes every night after I cook dinner, for loving me and supporting me even when I don't know what the hell I'm doing with my life, for telling me that everything will work out in the end, for giving me a hug whenever I need one, and for reminding me that it is ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA to wear tie, closed-toe shoes, and to be prepared no matter what (it's the boyscout motto, after all). You're the kindest person I know. Happy father's day!

No comments: