Sunday, July 4, 2010

The 30

Here are my chosen pieces for Kendi's 30 for 30 Challenge! Supposedly it's a better idea to plan ahead and have ideas of how to put your pieces together into outfits... but that seemed like a lot of work and honestly I was feeling far too lazy today, so it looks like I'm going to be flying by the seat of my pants. It was enough effort just to line things up near a window so I could get some decent light!

Shirts, from L to R: white tank & gray tank - GAP, gray feather tee - Target, navy flower tee - Charlotte Russe, aqua crochet-back tank - GAP, Stop Black Fox tee - vintage (my mom's from the '70s), floral top - Modcloth, red polka-dot top - Urban Outfitters, teal striped tee - GAP, typewriter tee - Fossil

(This seems like a lot of shirts, but I'm sure I'll get sick of them soon enough!)

2nd Layers, L to R: navy blazer - GAP, abstract floral cardigan - Target, aqua cardigan - Old Navy, navy cardigan - GAP

Skirts, L to R: navy high-waisted skirt - American Apparel, other three skirts were/will be made by me.

(I've been intending to make that mustard and teal material into a skirt for weeks, so I've decided it isn't cheating if that transformation happens during the challenge)

Bottoms: denim cut-offs - Levi's, skinny jeans - GAP


Dresses, L to R: blue and gray floral - Fossil, purple sprigged floral - Forever 21, Yellow floral - Old Navy, empire waist dress - Urban Outfitters, daisy belted dress - Modcloth

Shoes, L to R: black sandal flats - Target, gladiator sandals - GAP, Toms, mustard wedges - Nine West factory store

(not pictured, and rounding out my 30 items, are the awesome vintage cowboy boots I recently purchased via Etsy, which I hope will be here soon! I'm anticipating a lot of boots & sundress ensembles, as well as some hot-mess boots & cut-offs combinations)

Tomorrow, let the remixing begin!


4 comments:

Chaucee said...

Love the pieces you picked!

Kendi Lea said...

Great items! I can't wait to see the remixing!

Thanks for joining in :)

xo, Kendi

Kayla said...

I saw on Kendi Everyday that you're doing the 30 for 30 challenge. I can't wait to see all the things you come up with. Happy Mixing!

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

yay what great picks!
i have some skirt tutorials on my blog, if you ever need inspiration!