Monday, January 24, 2011

Pie Weekend

I spent most of my weekend baking strawberry-rhubarb pie. The problem was, my pie was, um, soupy. Also a little too sour. Also the rhubarb didn't get cooked enough even though it was in the oven for two hours. I guess not every baking project can be a success.

On the bright side, the crust, as always, was the best part! I baked some pie crust "cookies" by rolling out crust, cutting it into squares, and brushing them with butter and sprinkling them with cinnamon sugar. I also folded some squares of pie crust around apricot jam and baked them. Both pie crust creations were delicious (and far better than the pie itself!).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The first pie I made...crumbled. The pie crust was a disaster. So I feel you in the pie making blunder. :(