Tuesday, February 1, 2011

28 for 28!

Happy February! The first day of the new month brought a HUGE snowstorm with it and, along with about half the country, I am thoroughly snowed in. I'm trying not to go crazy from cabin fever, but instead to look on the bright side... more time at home to burrow into my cozy bed, read books, and work on sewing projects! I hope I still feel the same way at the end of the day tomorrow....

Anyway, there's nothing I love more than a project, and to keep myself busy (and distract myself from the fact that it's February... ugh) I've decided to participate in Kendi's 30 for 30 Challenge! This will be my second time doing this particular wardrobe remix--last time was last summer, so it should be fun to tackle the project at a very different time of year. I'm putting my own spin on things, and remixing 28 items for 28 days (it is February, after all!). I'll probably be grouping my outfits into one or two posts a week, because I have lots of other things I want to blog about too!

Part of the remix involves a shopping ban, which is great because I've really been trying to cut back on my frivolous spending. I'm also putting myself on a fabric and books shopping ban, because I tend to spend more on those things than I do on clothes! I have all the fabric I could possibly need, and as far as books go, I need to get in the habit of visiting the library as my first resort when I'm looking for something new to read.

Okay, enough with the chatter--onto the remixing!

28 for 28!

8 Shirts:
L to R: Target, Target, GAP, Anthropologie, Fossil, Target, NY & Co, GAP

2 Sweaters:
L to R: Target, Ruche

5 Cardigans:
L to R: Target, F21, UO, Old Navy, F21

3 Dresses:
L to R: Vintage, Banana Republic Outlet, Modcloth

3 Skirts:
L to R: American Apparel, Gift, Target


2 Pairs of Pants:
L to R: GAP, Loft

4 Pairs of Shoes:
L to R: Target, UO, TOM'S, Target

I can't wait to get started! Hopefully the roads get clear soon so that I can get dressed to do something other than watch The Weather Channel and bake oatmeal almond cookies, which were my two main activities today.

2 comments:

D Dierks said...

Great picks for the 30, can't wait to see what you do with them!
I have a link up every Wednesday for everyone who wears any jewelry with an outfit,hope to see you there sometime.

a. harms said...

Such cute looks. Love the dresses and those silver shoes. Can't wait to see how you pull it all together.