Monday, February 7, 2011

Snow Daze




1. Of course I wore a skirt with my snowboots.
2. Just after the snow ended, my neighborhood looked like another planet.
3. Giant snow pile, featuring my mom and my dog Lucy for scale.

At first I was elated about the blizzard that engulfed, well, most of the country last week. It was exciting! We received about 15 inches of snow here, which was an all-time 24-hour snowfall record (since 1905) for Tulsa! However, the downside of living somewhere where snow like this never happens was that it took days and days for the city to dig itself out. I finally went back to work for the first time today, after an entire week at home. I was so ready to get out!

For contrast, here's the lunch I ate on a restaurant patio in 80-degree sunshine three days before the blizzard took place. I'm trying to soldier through, but I have to admit the midwinter blues are really getting to me. I'm looking forward to getting out of the house for lunch and a movie tomorrow, though, and to waking up early for a Skype date with a dear friend who's currently on the other side of the world.

Does anyone have good winter cheer-up ideas? So far I've bought plane tickets to go to California in March. That helped :) Next, I'm thinking I need to give myself a Valentine's Day pedicure and maybe read in bed with some Sleepytime tea.

No comments: